Thursday, February 3, 2011

Russian Spiral with Crystals, Oh My



Whew, finally got several Russian Spiral bracelets and necklaces posted to the shop. It was a lot of time involved with this one. I feel like they're my little kids being shot out into the wide world. I have them laying on the table on this mat because I was shooting them in order to help streamline the crop and post process and every time I walked by they sparkled and glimmered at me like little stars in an evening sky. It's tough to capture that in photos. I have some good memories of working on this and suddenly the cat pouncing on bits of light dancing across the floor and up the walls when the room filled with sunlight.

I have some more to finish details with and then will be adding them as well. I can't decide between big brown glass beads or smaller tigereye beads for the finishing touch on my topaz spiral with crystals, for example. And I'm thinking of changing out the magnetic clasp bracelets for good old secure lobster claw clasps. I'm just not satisfied with the performance of the magnetic clasp. They seem fine and then the magnetic pops out of the casing. I've lost a bracelet and necklace already because of the magnetic clasps. Losing it could be prevented with a small safety chain but it wouldn't solve the non-working clasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment