Monday, January 4, 2016

Adult Linen Stitch Slippers in Blue



Max approves of the adult version of the linen booties. I really like these. They are soft and cushiony and warm.

In the summer I go bare footed in the house most of the time but come winter I need to wear socks and slippers. The hardwood floors are a bit cold on the feet but not too bad because there is a basement underneath the house. The kitchen only has basement on one side. Half the kitchen has no basement below it. I am guessing there was an addition built on at some point years ago. That lack of basement sure makes for a cold, cold, really cold floor in the kitchen.



These lovely slippers keep my feet comfortable. They are worked flat and seamed. I used a whip stitch instead of mattress stitch to avoid having a seam to have to walk on. Once again, they are the versatile linen baby booty pattern made in chunky yarn with large knitting needles and an increase in original cast on stitches to match gauge for required length of foot.

No comments:

Post a Comment