Sunday, October 14, 2018

Putting Photos on Canvas with Modge Podge


















The older girls got to wear masks for a school dance and I took a photo of the youngest wearing sunglasses to keep her in the theme. I decided to play in PS with the images using a displacement filter. I love how the displacement filter onto a fence background turned out, like they're painted and faded over time.

I wanted to do an image transfer onto canvas but decided to start with using Modge Podge to glue down the images. They turned out pretty well. Painting the edges and sides black made all the difference.

I really like how they turned out.



I printed the images on my home computer on regular copy paper then painted the canvas with Modge Podge then placed the images on the wet canvas. Once they dried I applied a coat of the Modge Podge over the images, being careful not to go over the edges because I planned to paint them. Once they were dry I painted the edges and sides with black paint. Once dry, I did a second layer on top. Very easy to do and they have a great impact.

No comments:

Post a Comment