Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Classic Knit Cardigan From Purl Soho

Purl SoHo's Knit Classic Cardigan with Slight Revision



I made this classic cardigan, getting the pattern from Purl SoHo. First I made it with Wool Ease Moonlight. Because it was knit in stockinette it curled, even with the iCord edging. No picture here. Then I made it with this gorgeous purple Cozy Wool called Velvet. Both are my favorite yarns for the aesthetic, delightful colors. To attempt to avoid the stockinette curl I did a 7-stitch moss stitch edging while working the cardigan. It turned out great except that it needs buttons or snaps or something to keep the cardigan in place. It wants to slide down my shoulders. It worked up well though, taking a lot less time than I expected. It took 6 skeins of yarn with each color choice. The body took almost 4 complete skeins and the sleeves each took a skein of yarn.



Overall, very happy with this classic cardigan. It knit up so easily and quickly with the chunky yarn. I did not do the sleeves on the Moonlight version so I've been wearing it as a vest and it's very comfortable and lovely even as a vest. As you can see here, the Velvet version stays closed on the mannequin. It's not pinned or anything. I think it's the weight of the sleeves pulling it down when I wear it. A sew on snap or a shawl pin would be enough to control the creeping though.


I have six skeins of mustard yellow Wool Ease waiting for the next one. I will do a moss stitch or garter stitch edge again but not so wide. Maybe 3 or 4 stitches instead of 7 stitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment