Monday, February 13, 2017

Zippered Bag Made Using Flower Foot for Sewing Machine



When I bought the special edition Singer Sewing Machine it came with a flower foot. Also known as circle foot. It is simple to install, just remove shank and screw it into place, the same method as for attaching a darning foot, quilting foot.

It's fun to play around with different stitch styles to get different styles of circles. There are ways to tweak the foot's action to get circles that look even more specifically like flowers but using a variegated thread works well also.



It's just fun. The key is to use interfacing behind the fabric and then use a fun thread to make a pop of color. I made this bag just because I wanted to use the flower foot but it's perfect for carrying my circular knitting needles to Knitting Night at the local yarn shop. I use a tote, which is open at the top, so it feels more secure to have loose items safely contained within bags.




This bag would work well for a night out, just large enough for phone, card, and a few essentials. I have gotten into the habit of adding a tab with a D ring or O ring on every simple lined bag I make so that I can add a strap down the road if needed.


These bags are so handy. I use them to organize everything. Quite often the experiments I do find their way into use as cord holders, travel bags for jewelry, coin bags for foreign currency, to hold my camera filters, and on and on the list goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment