Friday, November 27, 2015

Pumpkin Spice Welted Fingerless Mittens



These are definitely my favorite fingerless mittens of the season. The welting adds a layer of warmth and they are so adorable. I love the colors. I meant to make a few more pairs with various color combinations but someone in the knitting group was impatient for me to post the pattern so that she could make them so I did not get a chance to make multiple pairs like I so often do.

The pattern is available on Etsy and also on Ravelry. There are two versions of welting in the mitt. First is the alternating knit and purls and then farther up the mitt is the casing style welting. If you saw the earlier post with the sock puppets these fingerless mittens might look familiar. I actually started with the yarn combination in my head and played with the welting which resulted in the hand puppet.

I named these Pumpkin Spice because of the orange yarn being named Pumpkin and the other colors add a hint of spice. It’s such a lovely color combination and we are almost into December and I have not even switched over to regular mittens or gloves yet because these are still providing great coverage. I just adore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment