Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Kids High Top Knit Slippers


I have made a lot of baby booties over the years but never slippers and this year I was feeling the urge to crochet or knit some full sized slippers. I posted Linen Stitch Baby Booties pattern a while ago and I thought they would make awesome full sized slippers.


I wanted to make a stretchy rib edge so I started from the top down instead of from the bottom up. Using a provisional cast on and working the rib as K1, sl 1 wyf for a few rows gives a nice finished and very stretchable cuff edge. Where I would have normally increased I decreased and where I would have normally decreased I increased. These are made with a Stockinette stitch instead of linen stitch because I had to figure out the basics before adding a twist.

Color choice was made due to wanting to use up leftover yarn and I had three skeins of a chunky orange for some reason. When I play I often use what is at hand. In the end I like the pop of color.



Using Chunky yarn and larger needles these are the perfect size, as is, for a tween or a child under ten with wide feet. Next, I will increase the original cast on by a few inches and work accordingly for an adult sized pair. A nice purple would be nice. Or a rustic off-white or gray. I am looking forward to making myself a pair, using the linen stitch now that I've done a practice pair.


No comments:

Post a Comment